Happy Monday! Let’s be honest, you’re going to be seeing a lot more photos of me standing inside my house. Since we are all (hopefully) practicing social distancing, I thought I would round up a big list of activities to keep you entertained while indoors! Hopefully this will be a great resource for all the rainy days, sick days or just days when you are stuck inside. Praying you all stay safe and hopeful during this scary time!
1. WORKOUT – I think making sure that you are moving your body for at least 30 minutes (doing something you enjoy) is the best way to boost your mood! Here are a few great online workout resources.
Peloton – We have a subscription to Peloton app and it is THE BEST! Right now you can get a free subscription for 90 days. It has at home classes for biking, running, strength training, core strength, yoga, etc. I can’t recommend it enough!
Nike Training App – This used to be my favorite training app for quick workouts in the gym or at home.
Kayla Itsines – I love her PWR program and BBG stronger but I am going to change back and start with Fierce At Home since we don’t have a full at-home gym.
Yoga – I don’t do this program but it looks really good! If you have a great online Yoga resource, share it in the comments!
2. ORGANIZE – The last thing I want to do when I’m stuck inside is a complete organization overhaul of my home. Ok, that’s kind of a lie because I’m OCD and am looking forward to cleaning out a few junky spaces in my home. No matter your interest in organizing, you should check out The Home Edit’s 14-Day Mini Edit!
3. SELF CARE – Now is the time to finally try dermaplaning, use those masks and treatments you have been hoarding, and become diligent with your skincare routine. I will be sharing at-home masks, eye-patches and devices in tomorrow’s post!
4. NO STRESS COOKING – Get in the kitchen to try out new recipes that you typically wouldn’t have time for. You could even have your kids join in host a bake-off or cooking showdown. My favorite site for recipes to make with kids is Weelicious.
5. MEDITATE – Take time to clear your head and quiet your soul using the Headspace app.
6. LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE – If you don’t have the Duolingo app on your phone then NOW IS THE TIME. It’s addicting to play and really helps you learn a new language.
7. STREAM – Binge watch my favorite TV shows, listen to a new podcast, follow me on Spotify for access to my favorite playlist. We love Netflix, Amazon Prime and Right Now Media for sermons and kids bible stories. Superbook is the best kids show for bible stories and you can stream it on YouTube.
8. PLAN, PREPARE & DREAM – Make a to-do list of all the things you want to tackle while you are inside, all the things you want to do once this mess is all over, trips you want to take, goals you have for the rest of the year and more!
9. HONE YOUR BEAUTY SKILLS – If you have ever debated what you would look like wearing different makeup or doing your hair differently, now is the time for trial and error! You’re inside and probably not seeing anyone, might as well. I have tutorials saved on YouTube and IGTV but again… #internet and #pinterest
10. PICK UP A NEW HOBBY – You know how you have always wanted to learn calligraphy? Or to play the piano (yes, there are apps for that), or to cross-stitch, plant a garden, etc etc etc. Well there is no time like the present!! I’m going to finally learn what veggies I can plant in my area, when to plant them from seeds and how to take care of them. I plan on having my girls help me out and will be sharing how we are doing that along with other great indoor activities for kids in tomorrow’s post!
What are some of your favorite things to do inside or activities that you would like to add to this list? Leave them below in the comments!