This post is sponsored by Walgreens and ShopStyle.
If you follow me on instagram then you’re well aware that I recently ran out of my beloved Elderberry vitamins only to have my daughter catch a virus a mere week later. Until this point we hadn’t been sick all winter. Truly, a miracle. We try to eat healthy and boost our overall health but we’re also the people not too proud to slam an Emergen-C or put Neosporin in our nose with a q-tip before a flight. That last part wasn’t a joke. Neosporin in your nose allegedly keeps the inside of your nose moisturized and acts as a barrier to germs.
Long story short we love vitamins, supplements and all things health and wellness. I am always on the lookout for the best products and I don’t miss an opportunity to ask anyone and everyone what their supplement routine is. I live for a wellness podcast and read every article that you could throw my way. I think the world of wellness is both intriguing and very intimidating and while I’m nowhere near an industry expert I do have a few learnings that you might be interested in! Today, in partnership with Walgreens, I’m going to share with you my top drugstore picks for vitamins and supplements and you know I have to throw in a little skincare & beauty, too! Hopefully it will help you get an added jump on a healthier and happier 2019 or at the very least give you the tools you need to survive winter.
From top to bottom, left to right: Moisturizer, B-Complex, Vitamin C, Hair Gummies, Magnesium, NYX Lipgloss (Creme Brulee & Vanilla Cream Pie), CoQ10, Emergen-C, Micellar Water, Elderberry Gummies, Mascara, Dry Shampoo
For those of you that have been long-time readers you know my love for Walgreens. First of all, we have one very near to our house and I pop in there multiple times a week to grab my favorite lipgloss, a new drugstore beauty item or to pick up a household product or something for the girls. Also, I just love the size of them. I can’t stand needing to go grab one thing at some huge store and having to walk the length of a football field to get there. Walgreens is where I buy 99% of our vitamins because of their unbeatable section. Right now, you can buy one and get one free or 50% off ! Also, now through this Sunday, 1/19, get an extra $19 Off $88 w/ code NEWYEARS. It’s a good time to stock up on your favorite vitamins.
Best Drugstore Vitamins
1.?Elderberry Gummies // Elderberry boosts your immune system. We take two of these each and every morning and it keeps our sickness at bay!
2.?Vitamin C Gummies// These are delicious and a great way to get a boost of vitamin c! Vitamin C is essential for the growth and repair of tissues. You don’t need collagen supplements if you are getting vitamin C bc vitamin C helps you naturally produce collagen. It also helps you to absorb iron and boost your immune system! Here is a great article.
3. Hair Gummies // These delicious strawberry tasting biotin gummies are infused with vitamins A & E for strong hair, skin and nails. A great option if you want a supplement to strengthen your hair without a ton of added vitamins.
4. Magnesium // EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE MAGNESIUM! I repeat, everyone should take this. It helps convert food to energy, helps repair DNA, regulates your nervous system, can boost your exercise performance, helps to fight depression, can lower blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar, reduce PMS symptoms and promote healthy sleep just to name a few. You can get it naturally in spinach, black beans, quinoa, almonds, avocado and salmon. Here is a great article if you want to read more.
5. CoQ10 // I take CoQ10 bc Kristin Cavallari does and because it helps take the energy you consume from carbs to fuel your cells. You make less of it as you get older so I’ve started taking it as a supplement. Here is a good article on it.
8. Melatonin // I take these whenever I need a little help falling asleep. Melatonin is natural and non-habit forming and a miracle!
Best Drugstore Purchases for Winter
1. Chapstick// 2. Mascara // 3. NYX Lipgloss (Creme Brulee & Vanilla Cream Pie) // 4. Micellar Water // 5. Epsom Salt Bath // 6. Toothpaste // 7. Bronzer // 8. Aquaphor // 9. Olay Moisturizer // 10. It’s a 10 Leave-In Treatment // 11. Bio Oil // 12. Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil // 13. Eucerin Eczema Relief //?14. Aveeno Lotion
1. Chapstick // This chapstick is the perfect combination of hydrating but not sticky or too thick.
2. Mascara // Hands down the best mascara on the market. Quote me.
3. NYX Lipgloss (Creme Brulee & Vanilla Cream Pie) // I never leave home without this $5 lipgloss. Once you try it you will love it!!
4. Micellar Water // This is my favorite all-around micellar water. I use it after I’ve taken off my makeup and cleaned my skin to remove any residue. You should follow with a toner of your choice, then any nighttime serums and last, but certainly not least, your moisturizer.
5. Epsom Salt Bath // Don’t take a bath without it! It has magnesium sulfate to soothe your muscles and lavender essential oils to calm your mind. It’s the best!!
6. Toothpaste // I love this whitening toothpaste!
7. Bronzer // This is a great bronzer and a dupe for the Hoola product I use.
8. Aquaphor // We have no less than 10 tubs of this at the house. Use it on dry skin, chapped lips, cuts, scrapes, you name it. You can keep a cut from scaring over my coating it in this, put it on your under eyes for hydration, use it on babies, use it on breastfeeding nipples, you name it! It’s a wonder-cream!
9. Olay Moisturizer // I love this moisturizer in the morning! It goes on weightless, has no smell and has SPF.
10. It’s a 10 Leave-In Treatment // This is one of my favorite hair products. It’s a leave in treatment with keratin to help keep your hair hydrated, especially in winter.
11. Bio Oil // I first started using Bio Oil when I was pregnant with Hayden because Kim K used it too. I am obsessed and love how it smells and keeps my skin moisturized. I practically bathe in it in the winter!
12. Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil // A really great hydrating cleansing oil, especially if you have dry skin.
14. Aveeno Lotion // This is my favorite lotion. It’s not too thick but it hydrates well and the smell is mild.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. In researching for this I came across a couple of good articles for the top new drugstore products of 2019. I can’t wait to review some of them and share with you! I have my eye on this resurfacing paste, this hydrating mist and these eye masks for starters. If you have a favorite vitamin, supplement or drugstore item leave it in the comments below!