As someone who loves all things sun, family, cookouts, and festivities, the 4th of July is undoubtedly one of my favorite holidays! I just can’t wait to dress up the girls in their best patriotic gear, go overboard on dips and salads and desserts, and enjoy some downtime with the family as we appreciate all we have to be thankful for. We typically celebrate the 4th on the lake so most of my outfits are easy dresses, swimsuits, coverups, and cutoffs. I rounded up a few of those (and some more elevated options as well) for you below! Most of what I sourced can be ordered via Amazon, Target, Old Navy, Shopbop or similar retailers and still make it to you in time for your weekend festivities, but you could always just use these ideas for inspiration with items you already have hanging in your closet. Hope you find something fun to wear and have a great 4th of July!!
Lake and Pool Outfits
White Top // Denim Shorts // Stars Garland // Round Garland // Tote Bag // Napkins // Blue Plate // Stars Plate // Cup // One Piece Navy Swim // Stripe Towel // USA Balloon Garland // Headband // Blue Boys Swim // Blue Girls Swim // Glow Necklaces // Stars Sunglasses // Popsicle Float // Bean Bag Toss Lawn Game Set
01. Star Cookie Cutter // 02. Gingham Melamine Plates // 03. Stars Snack Plate // 04. Ruffle-trim one-piece swimsuit // 05. Striped Straws // 06. Stemless Insulated Wine Glass // 07. Striped Tote Bag // 08. Girls’ Birkenstock // 09. Bow-detail Bikini // 10. Eco Small Picnic Basket // 11. Eyelet Mini Dress // 12. Balloon-sleeved Dress // 13. Tie-front maxi dress // 14. SZ BLockprints rash guard // 15. Cami Tote
01. V-neck one-piece swimsuit // 02. Stripe Popover Top // 03. Stemless Wine Glass // 04. Red & White Gingham Melamine Plate // 05. Loose Vintage Shorts // 06. Button-Back Tank // 07. Gingham Paper Napkins // 08. Girls’ sequin stripe T-shirt // 09. Girls’ smocked-bodice romper // 10. Mini Honeycomb Garland // 11. Bracelet Set // 12. Girls’ printed crewneck // 13. 2-piece Cotton Set // 14. Beach Bats // 15. Henley Tank Bodysuit // 16. Linen Jersey Top
01. Scallop bikini top // 02. Tie-shoulder one-piece swimsuit // 03. Lack of Color Womens Hat // 04. Studded Slide Sandal // 05. Girls’ smocked ruffle dress // 06. Metal Aviator Sunglasses // 07. Blow up Popsicle // 08. Girls’ Seersucker Ruffle Sleeve Dress // 09. Girls’ Gingham Dress // 10. Girls’ bow tie headband // 11. Blue & White Floral Dinner Plate // 12. Striped lightweight beach towel // 13. Acrylic Wine Glass Set
Fourth of July Charcuterie Board
4th of July seems to be synonymous with cookouts and BBQs. It’s super easy to throw some hotdogs and burgers on the grill but why not spruce it up a little. Of course, I love entertaining and bringing appetizers, like this patriotic charcuterie board. White cheese, red deli meats with blueberries, and olives. Cut a few pieces of white cheddar with a star-shaped cookie cutter to instantly be on theme. For more ideas visit this post or my Pinterest board here.
Red, White and Blue Sangria
Another great touch when hosting is to craft a simple, but refreshing, cocktail to share! I opted for a Red, White, & Blue Prosecco Sangria recipe that I found on Pinterest, and modified it a little bit to our tastes. I’m no mixologist but it was pretty dang good. You can find the recipe below and don’t forget the shatterproof glassware! For more ideas visit this post or my Pinterest board here.
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 liter of lemon-lime soda
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or another sparkling white wine
- 1 cup of white grape juice (optional, if you like a sweeter sangria)
The night before serving, pour water into an ice tray and drop in some of the fresh blueberries and strawberries & freeze overnight. Day of, add the fresh fruit (chilled) to a large pitcher for serving. Add the ice cubes you froze over. Pour the grape juice, the lemon-lime soda, and the Prosecco over top of the fruit and ice. Serve in shatterproof glassware and enjoy!