One of my major goals for this blog is to bring you guys more beauty content in 2019! I grew up a tomboy and didn’t wear makeup daily until I was probably a senior in high school. Over the years I have started to love all things skincare and beauty and love trying out new products and watching tutorials. I think that so many tutorials are too long, too intricate or too out there so I try my best to bring you simple and easy to follow ones! If you have never visited my YouTube channel you can do that here.
You might notice that I haven’t recorded a tutorial in a minute but once we get into our new house I will have a studio set up to be able to film more for you guys! What do you want to see? Hair? Makeup? Skincare routines? I would love to hear in the comments! In the meantime here are my 20 best beauty buys of 2018 and why I loved which one. There are so many products I want to try in 2019 (like this under-eye primer) and I honestly have a list a page long of blog posts I want to write. If you have any great products you think I should try or suggestions for what you would like to see I would love to hear from you!!
20 Best Beauty Buys of 2018
From my must-have brow pencil to the new foundation I’m loving, here are 20 of my favorite beauty buys from 2018. I’ve included the falsies I love (check my instagram highlights for a tutorial) and the cleaning device that has changed my skin for the better!
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz // 2. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation // 3. Sephora Brush Set (MORPE Brushes are awesome too!) // 4. Foreo Luna // 5. Ardell Wispies // 6. Becca Hydra Mist Powder // 7. itCosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer // 8. itCosmetics CC Cream // 9. Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette // 10. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Wand // 11.Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk // 12. NYX Lipgloss in Creme Brulee (also love Vanilla Cream Pie) // 13. Tarte Eyeshadow Palette // 14. HUM Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair // 15. Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam // 16. Oribe Texturizing Spray // 17. Becca Blush in Flowerchild // 18. Tarte Shape Tape // 19. Elta-MD SPF // 20. It’s a 10 Leave-in Treatment
Why I Love These Products
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz // My ride or die brow pencil. It’s expensive but worth it. I have my eyebrows microbladed and I love them but I like to thicken them up a little and this pencil is the most natural looking product on the market. I wear the color “taupe”.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation // I’ve been wearing the Magic Foundation and I LOVE it! It has vitamin C to fight aging & free radicals, hyaluronic acid to boost hydration and plump skin and mushroom extract to tighten pores!! I’m in a shade 5!
4. Foreo Luna // This little thing is a way to invigorate your skin while removing 99.5% of dirt and oil, as well as makeup residue and dead skin cells.
6. Becca Hydra Mist Powder // This setting powder is AMAZING!! For powders I would 100% use this sale to buy this setting powder! I also love this setting powder. They both blur imperfections and set your makeup so it stays in place! This is a great powder to set your eye concealer as well!
7. itCosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer // Color “light”. I dot this on any blemishes and lightly blend, letting it set before starting my foundation. It’s infused with “anti-aging peptides and hydrolyzed collagen, plus oil-absorbing zinc oxide, kaolin clay, witch hazel, tea tree, sulfur and a gentle AHA/BHA complex, it delivers flawless-looking results immediately and more transformative results over time!”
10. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Wand // My favorite addition to my makeup arsenal! You dab this wand on your cheek bones, down the center of your nose and even on your cupid’s bow (the top of your lips) and it gives you the prettiest glow.
11.Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk // Color is “pillow talk” and it’s a beautiful natural mauve. It’s called a “lip cheat” because the shade is perfect for relining and over-lining your lips.
12. NYX Lipgloss in Creme Brulee (also love Vanilla Cream Pie) // The best every makeup. Buy one of each color!
13. Tarte Eyeshadow Palette // If I was going to pick just one eyeshadow palette to buy forever it would be this one! The colors are so natural and beautiful and have excellent pigment so it lasts a long time. I also really love this palette that I have been using some recently.
14. HUM Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair // I have tried several different hair vitamins (currently testing out these) but so far the HUM vitamins are the best!
17. Becca Blush in Flowerchild // I love this blush in “flower child”. It’s a rosy coral color that I think can match a variety of skin tones.
18. Tarte Shape Tape // he best concealer you will ever buy. I wear code “light”. It never goes on sale so go ahead and just pull the trigger and thank me when you’re obsessed.
19. Elta-MD SPF // Elta MD is an excellent sunscreen & moisturizer in one that also acts as a primer!
20. It’s a 10 Leave-in Treatment // This is one of my favorite hair products. It’s a leave in treatment with keratin to help keep your hair hydrated, especially in winter.