Our new family calendar is installed, the hampers are on the way and the laundry room is almost complete! I will eventually get around to sharing some updated pinterest-worthy pics but to be honest, I know you guys really just want the links! In this post I’ve included all of our favorite laundry room essentials.
When I designed our home, I wanted the laundry room to be full of storage options so that I could keep all of our entertaining items, candles, cleaning supplies and linens in one spot. I’m very happy with how it turned out and will share the full reveal soon!
People feel very passionately against front-loaders but to be honest, I love mine! I I would much rather bend down to change the wash than almost fall into a top loader and I really wanted a folding counter on the top of my washer & dryer. We have used these appliances nearly every day for over two years and I have had absolutely zero issues. I have been very pleased with the setup and would do it again if I were designing another laundry room and didn’t have the height necessary to stack them or to put them on risers.
Laundry Room Decor and Organization Products
01. Black/White Checkered Plaid Rug // 02. Steamer // 03. Extra Large Storage Basket // 04. 4 Piece Root Study Print Set in Black and White // 05. Classic Whites Detergent // 06. Folding Step Stool // 07. Glass Canisters // 08. Non-Slip Clothes Hangers // 09. Wool Dryer Balls // 10. Wall Calendar // 11. Baby Fabric Fresh Spray // 12. Towel Hook // 13. Turntable Organizer // 14. Wire Baskets // 15. Seagrass Hamper // 16. Mesh Laundry Bag
Reader Laundry Tips
I recently asked my Facebook followers how often they do laundry and many said they try to throw in a load a day. But, I wanted to share some of their tips to stay on top of the never-ending laundry pile. At least this way the laundry room might stay clean and the decor can shine through.
- Give each day a nickname. Sister Sunday, Towel Tuesday, etc.
- Do all the clothes one day, towels another, sheets another.
- Teach the kids to do their own laundry. This tip is my personal favorite.
- Do all the laundry spread over two days instead of just one. Maybe a little more manageable than a load a day and not as overwhelming all at once.