Expecting company? Whether you have plenty of time to prepare or need to spruce things up in a hurry, here are a few simple ideas that will turn your standard guest room into an elegant retreat.
10 Tips to Make Guests Feel at Home
1. Wi-Fi! Make sure your password is conveniently displayed.
2. When it comes to bedding, think beyond clean sheets. I love to layer a thin quilt, a thicker duvet, and a cozy blanket for guests to use as they please.
3. If you have space for a chair or bench – go for it. They can sit while getting ready in the morning, and then toss extra pillows there before crawling under the covers at night.
4. Allow for easy temperature control by keeping a fan within bedside reach. Many guests also appreciate white noise, so consider a sound machine if the room has an overhead fan.
6. Provide space – an empty dresser drawer, closet shelf or movable clothing rack – for guests to unpack their belongings and get organized.
7. Display décor, art and photographs that tell a story – this gives the room warmth and personality.
8. Stock the bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and plush towels. I like to include a selection of travel-sized toiletries: facial towelettes, a razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, pain reliever, tampons, a hair dryer, Q-tips, Band-aids. Don’t forget extra toilet paper!
10. Complete the experience with personalized amenities – a scented candle and matches, a good book, freshly brewed coffee in your favorite mug. Little touches of luxury can turn an overnight stay into a bona fide vacation.
Cooper at Home Guest Room Sources
Antique Gold Photo Frames
Bedside Carafe and Tumbler
Faux Maidenhair Drop-In
Round Wood Serving Board
Stoneware Creamer and Sugar Station
Woven Handled Basket – Square
Woven Handled Basket – Rectangle
Don’t forget, all items from Cooper at Home are 10% off with code CRISTIN