Sponsored by Biossance and ShopStyle Collective
I love a good Friends & Family sale and Biossance is no exception! I first started using Biossance when I purchased their Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream and have been adding products to my beauty closet to try and review ever since. I’m fairly positive that I discovered what is now one of my favorite eye creams by looking through the recent Allure Beauty winners. After a little research, I discovered that Biossance is actually very familiar with winning beauty awards, from Allure to Women’s Health to SELF, you can see all of their award-winning products here. I like that Biossance is part of the sustainable beauty movement, offering oils, face mists, masks, and more with pure ingredients. They have blacklisted over 2,000 ingredients without compromising quality or efficacy.
Biossance Squalane Oil
If you spend any amount of time on the Biossance site you will see their hero ingredient, Squalane. The human body produces a version of squalane, called squalene, which helps add hydration and â€œbounceâ€ to your skin. This production decreases as you age and for years, many companies used squalane produced from the livers of sharks. Biossance developed a 100% plant-based squalane that is ethically and sustainably sourced and locks in moisture, calms the skin and improves elasticity, and is a molecular match for the moisture that is already in your skin, make it an extremely effective bioidentical hydrator.
Friends & Family Sale Details
You can currently save 25% off during the Biossance Friends & Family sale, or 30% off if you sign up to be a member of their Clean Crew rewards program, from now until 8/30. Before you purchase, consider joining the â€œClean Crewâ€ so that you can save more, and earn points and cashback!
Review of My Top 5 Biossance Products
Here is my review of my top five Biossance products. I put them in order that you would use them on your face. You can buy one that interests you or get all five for a nightly skincare regime.
1. Squalane + Amino Aloe Gentle Cleanser // This is a brand new foaming gel that removes impurities & makeup without drying skin. With an amino acid complex to break down dirt, aloe vera to calm, and squalane to hydrate, this is a 3-in-1 cleanser that anyone with skin prone to irritation would love!
2. Squalane + BHA Pore Minimizing Toner // Toner is one of those things that you can absolutely skip in your skincare routine, but I actually prefer to use one. Instead of toner, some people prefer to double cleanse to make sure their skin is clean. For me, an oil cleanser can lead to breakouts so I like to use toner. Toner ensures that I remove all traces of dirt and makeup, and leaves my skin squeaky clean. The Biossance toner, with naturally-derived BHAs, will help to calm inflammation, dissolve dead skin, and smooth the texture of your skin.
3. Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream // This eye cream pairs squalane and pink marine algae for a lifted look that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The melt-in texture delivers deep hydration and a perfect canvas for makeup. This award-winning product was a 2020 Allure Best of Beauty Awards, and won the 2021 Glamour Beauty Awards’ “Best Eye Cream”.
4. Squalane + Lactic Acid Night Serum // If you are prone to irritation from lactic acid, I would definitely try this! With 10% lactic acid, this product dissolves dead skin cells to reveal soft skin virtually overnight. It makes my skin look tighter and brighter with a noticeable reduction in pore size. I use it 1-2 times a week or whenever I want to take a break from my retin-a.
5. Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil // This facial oil brightens, firms, and hydrates with an oil-soluble, shelf-stable vitamin C and squalane. I have only been using the Biossance rose oil for two weeks prior to writing this review, but I love the smell and it hasn’t caused any breakouts. The rose oil is very calming for my skin. I will definitely keep this in my beauty arsenal. It has also won its share of awards including 2021 Allure Readers’ Choice Award â€œFacial Moisturizerâ€, 2021 Beauty Inc. Award “100 Greatest Products of All Time, and 2020 Marie Claire Skin Awards, “Best Face Oil”.
Make sure to shop Biossance’s Friends and Family Sale before 8/30 to score 25% off sitewide (or 30% for Clean Crew members)! Sign up for their Clean Crew rewards program to save more and earn points and cash back!