Tomorrow morning the Nordstrom sale will go live for Nordstrom card holders. Here are 10 tips for navigating the sale, all of my favorite brands to be on the lookout for and information on how you can win $250 to shop the sale!
TEN TIPS FOR SHOPPING THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE
1. Get the Nordstrom card. Seriously you can?t shop the sale until July 20th if you don?t have it.
2. Make a list of items you need. I was on the hunt for new outerwear, running shoes, athletic pants, layering tees, statement pieces for fall & undies! (Hanky Panky are included in the sale!!) This will help you not to get overwhelmed and keep you focused on what you truly need. I also love buying the beauty bundles for Christmas gifts!!!
3. Have a budget! I always shop with a budget! I find everything I would possibly want and add it to my cart. Then I start with the items I want the most and add them up until I reach my budget. All the items left over go into my wish-list until I have more money in my shopping fund or decide I didn?t really want them that badly.
4. Think about what you already have! For example my favorite pair of denim from the sale is a pair of high-waisted Madewell jeans… shocker bc it?s the same style that I already own!! There is a slight difference in the distressing but I would be a moron to get them bc I have almost the exact pair already in my closet. This hold true when buying outerwear as well. Think about what you would wear it with! Don?t buy a new coat if it doesn?t match basics you already own.
5. Sign into your Nordstrom account tonight. Make sure you have your password and that your card information is saved. This will make sure you can check out seamlessly.
6. Set your alarm. My recap will be live at 5am complete with all of my top items per category, the must-have items from the sale & plenty of fall outfits to help you know how to style things. Thing will sell out!! Two years ago they restocked them, last year they stayed sold out so if you want something you better purchase it asap!
7. Make sure to shop via your favorite blogger (if you have one). If you watched my stories then you know that bloggers promote the Nordstrom sale because it makes us money. If you have a blogger that you regularly use as a personal shopper give her credit, even if it?s not me. I of course would love for you to use me to shop and I?m so thankful for those of you that do because it lets me run this blog! Also FYI, purchases via the app cut out all of a blogger?s commission.
8. Chose 2-day shipping! It?s only $15 for everything & will make sure all items get to you as quickly as possible. Then you can immediately return what you don?t want and/or buy new things to try while early access is still going on.
10. Enter my giveaway to win $250 to shop the sale. As mentioned above I know many of you use me to shop and I?m very thankful for you. It helps me run this blog and as a thank you I?m giving someone a $250 Nordstrom Gift Card. To enter: share this post on facebook and/or visit my instagram stories?& follow the instructions there. If you shared the facebook post or reposted the image on instagram stories then go to this post on my instagram & comment that you shared! It’s easier for me to chose a winner from comments on an instagram & then just confirm that they shared it. I’ll announce the winner tomorrow night at 9pm!
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE FAQ
It goes live at 3am EST on Thursday, July 12th for Nordstrom Card holders. My post will be ready to shop at 5am EST on July 12TH.?If you aren’t a card holder you can get one here which will allow you to shop the sale before the general public.?The sale features brand new fall clothes, accessories and shoes in addition to beauty items and home decor. It’s full of items that you will be wanting over the course of the fall and winter and you will have the opportunity to get them at an incredible discount.
WHAT TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR:
I love buying trendy outerwear pieces from the Nordstrom sale that I end up wearing all season long. I’m not one to buy a ton of bulky coats because I’m very hot natured but I love jackets on the lighter side that you can layer with shirts, wear out to eat or just running errands. My favorites are always from?BP , Topshop,?Treasure & Bond, BB Dakota & J.Crew.
I’m not a huge sweater person because they make me feel like I’m suffocating. I do wear them on occasion and I always buy 2-3 of them during this sale that I wear all year long!?I love sweaters from?Treasure & Bond, Topshop,?BP &?Calson.
This sale is full of cute tops, floral tops, basic tops for layering etc etc etc. Some of them I scooped up as low as $10! I will have a ton of options for basics that you can layer or wear alone when you’re bumming around the house.
I think that shoes are the #1 thing you should be on the hunt for. In my opinion, the shoes are the best thing going because they are from brands I love like?Sam Edelman,?BP, Sam Edelman, Lucky, Vince, Nike, Vince Camuto,?Steve Madden, Dolce Vita, & more! I’ll do an entire post all about shoes from the sale!
Jeans are hands down one of the most popular items from the sale!! I scooped up pairs from Articles of Society, BP, & Rag & Bone. There are also great jeans from?Frame,?Paige &?Madewell,?BlankNYC &?AG!
I never buy activewear because I can’t justify the price. This sale is where I will buy not one but two pair of?Nikes for the year as well as new sports bras, tanks & leggings!
MY FAVORITE BRANDS
I would make sure that you shop the following brands: Topshop, Hinge,?Madewell, BlankNYC, AG, Articles of Society, Treasure & Bond, Frame, Rag & Bone, Tory Burch, Sole Society, Rebecca Minkoff, Paige, BP, Sam Edelman, Lucky, Vince, Nike, Vince Camuto, Calson, Gibson, Steve Madden & Dolce Vita.
SUBSCRIBE TO BE THE FIRST TO SHOP
If you want to be the first to know every time I post a roundup of the?2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (or any blog post for that matter) then make sure you subscribe to get my posts into your inbox! Just visit this page, enter your email and select the “new post” box. If you want a weekly recap sent to your inbox you can get that by checking the “Weekly Roundup” post.