How to Tie a Bow
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and easy way to wrap presents, this is how I do it. Watch the video for how I tie a bow with ribbon that won’t get smushed in transit.
I like to use a 2-1/2 inch tulle ribbon with wire edging. You can find this either at Hobby Lobby or at Target.
- Measure ribbon 7 times the length of the box. You may need 8 lengths if the box is also tall, but 7 lengths of ribbon works well for shirt boxes.
- Find the middle and put that middle under the bottom of the gift. Tie in the middle and cross under. Repeat on the top of the box.
- After I’ve created the knot, I add the gift tag to one of the long tails to knot it in the middle.
- Now it’s time to make your bows with the ribbon. Make one little bow, but keep the bow part short, leaving a longer tail.
- Then tie another bow with the tails of the ribbon. If you still have a lot of ribbon left, you can make another short bow.
- Take the leftover tails and tie them really tight in a knot and pull back on the bows. This keeps it tight.
- When I’m done, I take the tails of the ribbon and cut them diagonally.
If the bow gets smushed in the car, or by grabby children, just fluff it back up.Watch the Video